Welcome Message

Well HELLO there:)!! Welcome to Tiffany McNutt Photography {the blog}. Pull up a chair, relax and enjoy my latest sessions. I'm a natural light, on-location photographer serving in the 29 Palms, CA area. This is where I share sneak peeks of my recent sessions, exciting news and sometimes the latest happenings here in my little world. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you in front of my lens soon:)

Friday, October 29, 2010

Name Change/New Start

Okay, so I think its time that I sit down and right the reason why all of a sudden no more Olive Juice Photography:) So here it is..

When I first thought to even start my own photography business I sat and I thought long and hard about all my options. All the possible names I could come up with for my new adventure. I wanted something that meant something to me personally since this was going to be my little "baby". When I thought of "Olive Juice", I knew that was the name for my new business. "Olive Juice" came from when and my husband first started talked via online. Granted we went to school years back, we both lived on the opposites of the state of Kansas. Yes, I'm a home grown Kansas country girl:)haha Anyways, back on track... we would webchat via webcam and one day Justin lips "Olive Juice" to me and I was a little shocked since I just thought I saw him say "I love you" to me. So I asked him and he asked me what I thought he said...I told him and he told me it was just "Olive Juice". I was really relieved since I wasn't really ready for "I love you" just yet!!!! Then ever since then, its been our little saying:) So there is the story behind why Olive Juice Photography came about.

But when I started my business, I knew NO ONE that even had the same name. I looked here and there online and didn't see anything. So, I thought I was in the clear:) Well I was contacted yesterday by another photography business that had "Olive Juice" in their name. I'm not going to point fingers but I have to give the jiff of what happened. But basically they have trademarked & copyrighted "Olive Juice" to their photography business name. I was in tears, I was a hot mess, my makeup was all over the place. I felt like I was just hit by a semi-truck. I sat here tried to collect my cool. I honestly thought my whole little business world was just like grands of sand in my hand now. So I contacted some of my most fab photography friends on the issue since they know the business. I sat here ran in my mind going to base legal, I ran fighting it, I ran not fighting, I ran starting a whole photography business with a whole new name, I thought of just stopping since my heart was smashed.

After I talked to one of my really close friends. I decided to not fight it, not make it some big deal. This "Olive Juice" business had the trademark, they had the copyright. They paid the BIG $$$$$$$ to get it that way too. I will be very honest and had no idea they even existed on this planet. So I wrote this business back and told them I would go ahead and change my name and get rid of my site and change everything. They were really polite and understand that I get some time to switch everything over to my new business name:)

So I thought that Tiffany McNutt Photography would be the best bet for me. Its my name, its me, I'm the photographer behind the lens. This whole issue was literally a blessing in disguise for me:) I'm still getting the kinks out of everything. I'm working on all my stuff to get it all together:) I know with the AMAZING support from my friends, family and my fans. I know this new change will turn out more then what I expected!!! THANK YOU everyone for all the support, love and everything else you have given me!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, i think you made a good choice and you know that we all love you and are very supportive in what you decide to do. The name of your buisness doesn't take away how amazing you are.at photography! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Im sorry that happened to you. I thought Olive Juice was super cute, and creative:) As long as your happy with your new business name thats all that matters:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff-- what a cute and meaningful story behind Olive Juice! So sweet and cute for sure! No matter what the name of your business is, Olive Juice will always have that special meaning between you & Justin and no one can ever take that away from you! Tiffany McNutt Photography will be just as amazing! (of course, because nothing changed but the name!) you are still the very beautiful, talented photographer behind the lens! I'm so glad you have been able to stay strong and respectful to this other business. You always have and always will have my support 100%! I love looking at your work and keeping up with your blog! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete